A COMPENDIUM OF GRAFFITI
LEFT BEHIND AT ODI BY INVADING NIGERIAN SOLDIERS Compiled On Christmas Day, 1999
Source: Subject: ERA FIELD REPORT #52...GRAFFITI FROM ODI]
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 19:29:48 -0500
From: "Peter P. Ekeh" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: ERA FIELD REPORT #52...GRAFFITI FROM ODI
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 20:53:53 -0800
From: "ERA/FoEN" <email@example.com>
To: "ERA" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
THESE GRAFFITI REMAIN THE STRONGEST
INDICATION AS TO WHAT SORT OF PSYCHOLOGY POWERED THE RUTHLESS DESTRUCTION
OF ODI IN NOVEMBER 1999. THEY ARE PRESENTED HERE UNEDITED. THEY ARE EITHER
WRITTEN WITH CHALK, CHARCOAL OR SCRATCHED WITH SOME HARD OBJECT ON THE
BROKEN WALLS OF ODI.
* We will kill all Ijaws -- by Soldier
* Bayelsa will be silent forever
* Odi people take your time
* Odi people take it easy -- saying by soldier
* Don play with soldier
* As from today Odi people, if you see soldier or Mopol or
police try an touch one of them again you will see what go happening by
* No body can save you
* No more asauna boys at odi again in year 2000
* Odi people, no be our fault na ona government
* Not as you think
* No body should play
* Where is the Egbesu
* We were sent by government to kill and burn your community,
* Idiot, why Egbesu no save una!
* Idiot your governor is Egbesu
* Move according to the arrow, kill and burn except government
* Odi people you think you can fight government
* If you touch police again we will finish Bayelsa
* Odi people oya come, and leave in your community let us
* Shame to the Ijaw people
* The governor has given us the right to destroy everything
* Where is the Egbesu power
* We go kill all Ijaw people with our gun
* The end shall never come until the beginning has come and
* So Odi youths, this is the end of Egbesu in Odi village
* Anything goes up most come down this is the end of Egbesu
in Odi village -- by jack of all trade master of non
* You bagers of Odi (Egbesu boys) should be very careful
with d living God
* FG say no to Odi
* You enter but your sef dead -- not as you think
* No power from Odi will ever supercede that of God. Therefore
Egbesu is a manmade power.
* You are expected to serve only God the almighty
* Thou will serve God the maker of heaven and not Egbesu
* Thank God for the fall of Odi. Satan is in trouble
* The wicked shall never go unpunished
* The Bible said what shall an Odi man gain after loosing
his soul, lost the world and his home
* Od is a handwork of God. He created the inhabitant as any
other living being. Therefore you are magnify praise and glorify his name
by serving him only. Egbesu is an idol that has eyes but cannot see. It
has mouth but they can't speak.Why should you serve worship it.
* The God almighty is the destroyer of any manmade God.
* Hi what is going on? Man, How far? What about Odi, my senior
son also the HQ of the so called Egbesu.
* Well done. Ona well, well done
* Deep down! Deep, Deep Down!!
* Shame on your juju (Egbesu)
* The end shall never come until the beginning has come.
Pass away, so, Odi youth
* The End
* Odi where is your pride?
* Nigeria is Nigeria, Odi is dead.
* Who born Odi? Na Egbesu.
* Trouble is the father of trouble. Soldier is the father
of fire. Odi don't play with fire soldier go burn you -- O !
* You are burnt
* Bloody civilians!
* Next time there will be no trees left.
* Ijaw face, monkey face
* God is great
* Silence. No noise. Egbesu is dead.
* Hakuri! Hakuri!
* What is this?
* Who burn this house? No be me na you.
* Say No to Egbesu. Yes to soldier.
* Odi is no more. Gone to the past. Pity
* Learn a lesson. Visit Odi
* Na you get Oil? Foolish people
* Come take oil now. Where una Asauna people dey? Dem don
* Fire plus fire = DEAD ODI
* Where are the policemen?
* Beautiful house, bad people.
* Odi elders warn your youths. Next time will be worse
* Come take the oil now: foolish people
* Booming guns
* C.O. hungry dey Odi
* This place dey smell bad bad
* Life. Is this life?
* Attention! No mago mago
* The chicken don finish. What of the goat?
* Who send you to Odi? Na duty
* We don finish Odi. We don finish the work
* And it came to pass
* Odi, sorry -- O
* Weep not Odi
* Old woman. Old witch. Old Odi
* Time to advance. Where?
* Soldier man. Strong Man
* We are one.
* You get escort? No. My throat dry -- O
* Who is more important? Egbesu or soldier? Soldier
* The wicked shall be purnished. Odi is wicked
* Dem don run
* Who get power pass, soldier or Egbesu?
* Time to go. Hungry too much
* Wetin happen here? Na Egbesu battle. Who win? Na we --
* Supreme Hqts
* Who you be?
* God bless soldier.
For more information contact:
ENVIRONMENTAL RIGHTS ACTION/ FRIENDS OF THE EARTH (FoE,
+ OILWATCH AFRICA
#214, Uselu-Lagos Road, P. O. Box 10577, Benin City,
Tel/Fax: + 234 52 600165 Email: email@example.com
# 13 Agudama Street, D-Line, Port Harcourt
Tel: + 234 84 236365 Email: Oilwatch@infoweb.abs.net
& E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org